2018 July 4th Writing Contest
The Kiwanis Club of Granville is proudly hosting its annual 4th of July writing contest. This year, the Granville Community came together to rebuild Wildwood Park Playground. It was a memorable six days in April, when over 1,000 community members and local business volunteers constructed a majority of the playground. The volunteer effort was similar to the original construction, almost 20 years ago. During this rebuild however, many people shared stories about the playground. Some helped on the first construction and enjoyed the playground with their families. Others wanted to help in this monumental community effort. Wildwood playground has special meaning in our community, and we want to hear your stories!
Please submit your stories of Wildwood Playground or the rebuilding.
If you would like to enter the contest for prizes, please include in your entry "essay contest submission" or "poetry contest submission." Otherwise we will simply include it in our collection of stories to archive.
Limit of one essay and one poem per person.
Submit an original essay (500 word limit) about the subject "Wildwood Park Playground.”
Submit an original poem (500 word limit) about the subject "Wildwood Park Playground.”
ELIGIBILITY, RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS
All persons, All ages, Any hometown, including members of the Granville Kiwanis Club.
- Limit of one entry per contest. However, one person may enter both the poetry and essay contests.
- On a separate page attached to each entry, include the author's name, age, address, email and phone number.
- Deadline for entries: July 31.
- Entries will be judged based on topic relevance, writing skill, originality and creativity.
- Depending on the number of entries, we have separate contests for adult and youth categories.
- Winning entries may be published in The Granville Sentinel local newspaper, on the Granville Kiwanis website and/or exhibited at the pubic library or businesses in Granville.
- By entering the contest, the author affirms that the work is original and their own. The author gives the Kiwanis Club of Granville permission to reprint the work in its entirety or part. By entering the contest or submitting a story, all authors are giving permission for their entries and names to be used in whole or part for publicity of this and future contests.
Prizes include $50 award(s) and gift cards to local businesses
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
Deadline for entry is July 31, 2018.
Please include "Writing Contest Entry" in the subject line.
Granville Kiwanis Writing Contest
PO Box 133
Granville, OH 43023
Reader's Garden Bookstore, 143 E. Broadway, Granville OH 43023
The contest is sponsored by the Granville Kiwanis Club. Thanks to Support from the Reader's Garden Bookstore.